Monday, May 09, 2005

The Alternative to Straight Pop

So, in my last post I disussed the trevails of selling CDs and how it's, quite frankly, not happening for me. (Thanks 4 the comments by the way.) SO, I've created a two part plan to help me get "Deviant" out of my basement and into the hands of consumers who will love it. The first part is just going out and push, push, pushing it. I'm going to create 2500 small flyers promoting just the CD. I think 4 a tagline I'm going 2 use - "SATURN - the alternative 2 straight pop" I'll have a picture of my CD cover and it'll have some good copy (which I'm working on), mention the "blazing" singles and also, most importantly, where and how it can be purchased. And of course, my website will be clearly visible. Once I have these flyers, I'm going to distribute them to my street team (I think at this time it consists of only 2 or 3 people, but that's better than nothing!) and consign them each 5 cds. Then, we will hit the streets. Every single night I'll be out at a club or bar just networking, talking to people, telling them about me and my music, passing out these flyers ... and of course, I'll have CDs with me right there to sell on the spot. Also, I'm going to hit up some bars and local places around town to see if they'll let me display the flyers. So far, I only have the CD in Record and Tape Traders, but I'm also going to try and get it placed in some other stores locally.

So, that's phase one. It's my goal to sell no less than 30 CDs in 30 days. I mean, if I go out every single night and push it, I should be able to at least walk away with an average of a sale per night, right? I certainly hope. We shall see how this experiment works! It can't be any worse than what I've been doing up 2 this point!

Any ideas? Suggestions? Crackpot theories 4 me 2 smoke on?

By the way, U can listen 2 clips and BUY the CD online right here.

"I'm willing, willing 2 do the work. I'm willing 2 do what I gotta do." - Prince, The Work Pt. I

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home